Brand New Chimichanga

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Learning to Fly

Little did I know as I was writing my post Saturday that the Big Bad Wolf's girlfriend was in the process of moving out. They broke up. Saturday night he called me and wanted to hang out but I was busy (watching movies at the New Yankee's house, hello we're just friends). I politely declined.

Sunday he was making dinner and invited me over. I knew I shouldn't go over there but I really, really wanted to and I just couldn't resist. I went for dinner and had a great time. We hung out in the kitchen drinking beer while he finished up dinner, then we ate and watched a movie. After the movie it finally happened. He kissed me. And I kissed him back and we literally kissed for an hour. It was great and dinner was pretty good too. I finally went home and fell into bed.

Things were a bit awkward in class yesterday but not horribly so. We managed to get through it it with some jokes and sly smiles. We walked to our cars last night and he asked me if I wanted to do something with him. I said okay and we each went home to wash the kitchen smells off. He came over and we hung out for a bit then went to grab a few beers. Then we came back to my apartment and we made out for like an hour and a half. I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't help it. Like I said before I been waiting for this to happen for such a long time and never really thought it would.

I have no problem what so ever talking to him and we have a great deal in common. I think that's a good thing. Plus he's the kind of guy that I've always kind of imaged myself with. In short I like him a lot. A lot, a lot and that scares the crap out of me. Any time I really like someone it just seems to crash and burn, horribly. Plus the whole I just broke up with my girlfriend freaks me out too. I just feel like it's too soon for he and I to be seeing each other but it's happened now and there's not a lot I can do about it. But I don't pretend that I'm the only reason the Big Bad Wolf and his girlfriend broke up. They were obviously having problems anyway because who in their right mind would break up with someone they were serious enough about to live with for me? That's crazy.

Anyway I'm excited and scared all at the same time but not so scared that I'm not going to move forward with him. I honestly don't see that I have any other option. I like him too much not to try. I just hope this crush doesn't turn into a crash because if it does I have a feeling this one might put me in traction...

3 Comments:

At 7/11/06 9:59 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

well, momma.... the most important thing is that she's moved out. hooking up with someone right after a relationship is nowhere near as rough a start as starting when they're currently IN one.

anyways... hang in there, and have FUN in the meantime... lord knows what you're doing is a helluva lot more exciting than waiting for a damn baby to come out! hah!

XXOO

 
At 8/11/06 11:57 AM, Blogger Sally O'Malley said...

I'm so happy for you! That whole "I shouldn't be doing this..." thing just makes the long-awaited making out even better.

And if it makes you feel any better, Kim and Dan got together exactly one week after our breakup and are still happily together...

 
At 14/11/06 2:53 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

things must be going well... you haven't posted in a while???? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home