Brand New Chimichanga

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sweet Home Alabama

I know this update has been a long time in coming, but so much has been going on in my life since my last post. I finally left Alabama. Yep, I'm officially no longer an Alabama resident. You know if all of this had happened 2 years ago I don't think it would have been nearly so hard for me to leave. I still would have missed CAT and some of the other people I'd met there but I think it would have been easier to leave. I'm not saying that I wish the last 2 years hadn't happened though. As much as it hurts, I wouldn't trade the experiences that I've gained for anything. And now for the finale...

Tommy Lee and I managed to make it through my last weeks in Alabama relatively well, that is until the time came for me to actually leave. I had such big plans for my last official night in town. CAT and Tommy were both working at the "the bar" that night so I was going to get all dressed up and go hang out with my favorite people in town. I stopped by "the bar" Saturday afternoon because CAT had the afternoon shift to hang out with her a bit and work on my going away gift to Tommy. I'd gotten together all of the photos I could find of the two of us and/or some pictures from times we'd hung out and put them into a photo album along with the lyrics to some of my favorite Rolling Stones songs. Sweet, aren't I?

So I'm finishing up the photo album when a bachelor party comes rolling in. These were some fun and rowdy guys. Every time they bought a round of shots, they bought me one. Those are the perks of being the only girl sitting in a bar. So of course I got a little happy. Eventually the bachelor party leaves and I'm sobering up to go home. I sit there so long that Tommy Lee comes in for his shift. Guess what? He's being a complete and utter dick! So I get upset and go home.

Once I'm home I get all gussied up in a new, hot black dress and strappy, black heels. The make-up is good and the hair is rockin'. I got all dressed up because I wanted to go out with a bang but also because I wanted to look pretty for Tommy. I go back down to "the bar" dressed and ready to kill. As soon as I walk in everyone tells me how nice I look, everyone that is but Tommy. He walks by me and all I get is a surly "Hey". I hang out long enough to see that things aren't going to improve on the Tommy front. Since I don't want to be miserable for the rest of the night I decide to go wandering for a bit, so I wander on over to the other bar.

I run into a few people I know and tell them that I'm leaving and say some good-byes. Then I see the Young Republican across the room. I walk over to him and we start chatting. It turns out that it's his birthday. He shows me his t-shirt which reads, "It's my birthday, buy me a beer" on the front. Since it's his birthday and it's my last night in town, we decide to have a drink together and celebrate. One drink turns into two and we're flirting like crazy with each other. Eventually we part ways to go and talk to other people but we keep catching each other's eye across the room and doing the whole smiley/flirty thing.

At some point I run into him as he's coming out of the men's room and I'm going to the ladies room. When I come out he's sitting on the stairs waiting for me. I go over and he pulls me towards him. He kisses me. We make out a little (we're in a somewhat private area so it's not like we were at the bar), then he shows me the back of his shirt and it says "sleep with me, it's my birthday". I ask if he's had any takers and he tells me that he hasn't had any since the last time we hooked up.

I'm a little drunk, I'm upset over Tommy Lee and the Young Republican keeps telling me how pretty I look and he keeps kissing me. So I thought, "What the hell?" and agreed to give him the requested birthday gift. We continue to make out in the stairwell for a few minutes then he asks me if I have any protection and of course I don't because I don't normally leave the house with the intention of getting laid. He doesn't have any either so he has to go and find some. Eventually he comes back and grabs may hand. He takes me upstairs to where the office and a performance area are. Yep like some trashy teenagers, two almost 30 year olds had sex upstairs at a bar on a stage. As trashy as it was, I have to admit that it added to the excitement of the whole thing.

After the rendezvous was over we came back downstairs to an empty (with the exception of the staff) bar. It was well past closing time! Of course everyone knows what we've been doing upstairs. I probably would have been more embarrassed if I hadn't been moving the next day. Instead I waved to everyone and the Young Republican walked me back down to "the bar". He kissed me good-bye and we parted ways. I walked back into "the bar" and immediately everyone wanted to know where I'd been all night. Ummm....

Finally CAT is ready to leave and she's taking me home. Tommy said he'd help me move a few weeks before when I asked and though he was still being a dick, asks what time I'm planning on getting started the next day. I tell him I'm not sure and suggest that he just come home with us so he'll be there when I need him (okay so I was really trying to salvage my last night in town with him). He offers the lame excuse that he has something to take care of in the morning and can't. It's obviously a lie. I leave the bar with no particular fanfare.

I wake up with a raging hangover the next morning and still have basically everything to pack. I get up early and pack up as much as I can. The time comes to give Tommy a call and I do. It rings and rings, eventually going to voicemail. I call him a few minutes later and the same thing happens. I can feel it deep down in my gut that he's looking at the phone, sees that it's me and just doesn't want to answer.

I left Alabama that day to embark on my new life without so much as a good-bye from Tommy.

3 Comments:

At 22/7/06 7:50 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

Sorry to hear that Tommy decided to deal with losing you by being a dick. You deserve so much more.

So what state did you land in? Inquiring minds want to know :)

 
At 23/7/06 1:45 PM, Blogger carlotta said...

Jack,
For the time being I am now a resident of Atlanta, GA.

 
At 1/8/06 9:01 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

hey momma!!

it's SO good to see you posting again!

sorry about the way things ended with tommy. like jack said.. everyone deals with hurt differently. big hugs.

but yay! welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home