Brand New Chimichanga

Monday, March 20, 2006

Dazed and Confused

I know Lent has already started and I'm not even Catholic, but I'm thinking maybe I should give up men for a while. Lately they're taking up way too much time and effort when there are more important things I need to be doing/contemplating.

I finally got around to seeing the Bartender Thursday night. I don't know if it was because I didn't go out and see him Tuesday night or if he just has a short attention span, but he had absolutely nothing to do with me Thursday. He said hello and took my drink order then thanked me for his tip, but that was all he said to me. No chatting me up, no running over to smell me, no nothing. I give up trying to understand what in the hell all of that was about. I will never understand men so I'm just not going to try. It's not really that big of a deal because I wasn't that into him in the first place, but hell if I like you on some level and you flirt with me, I'll totally flirt back. I think I do it more so just to see what will happen.

Tommy Lee is also puzzling the hell out of me. Last Thursday he ended up staying the night. This happens from time to time if I need a sober ride home or he wants a comfy bed to sleep in (instead of the love seat at the studio). We sit in the bed and talk for a while, then when it's time to go to sleep we, okay I, put on my pajamas and he strips down to his underwear, then we crawl under the covers and spoon (always at his request) until we fall asleep. See no big deal and we aren't doing anything to breach our "we're much better as friends and don't need to be naked together" agreement.

Well Thursday night we come home, get ready for bed, watch a little TV and then get ready to go to sleep. At the point where he should be grabbing me and dragging me over to him, he turns his back to me and there's no spooning. We aren't even touching. WTF? I have to admit I was a bit disappointed, especially since I'd been so royally dissed by the Bartender. I needed some lovin' from Tommy Lee. When my ego's a bit bruised it's nice to have a man to lean on that you know cares for you and thinks you're funny/pretty/smart/cool. So anyway I go to sleep with no spooning.

Friday afternoon I get a voicemail from Tommy (okay Tommy almost never randomly calls me) and after blabbering on about something for a few minutes, he ends the message with "love you, bye". Huh? This is not a word we use. I know it's not like he said I love you, but still Tommy Lee has NEVER used the word love in that context with me ever before. I've heard him say it plenty but it's usually along the lines of "I think I'm in love with this chick who blew me Saturday night". I found it a little odd.

When I called him back later and he found out I was on my way to Atlanta for some St. Patrick's Day celebrations he said, "please be really, really careful". Again a bit weird. Then when we were getting off the phone he thanked me for last night and this morning. Um, unless I was completely out of it, I don't recall anything happening that he needed to thank me for. Then he made me promise I would be careful (again) over the weekend. It's like invasion of the Tommy snatchers all of a sudden. I'm so fucking confused...

4 Comments:

At 20/3/06 8:32 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

Talk about a dense population of multiple personalities. Are you sure they aren't spiking the water or the beer at the bar?

 
At 21/3/06 9:20 AM, Blogger Erin said...

St Paddy's in Atlanta?? I wish I was here. Did you go to fado??? Guys are totally weird, I don't get it either. You should give them up for lent like I did.

 
At 22/3/06 10:41 AM, Blogger Brad said...

Tommy is the Mel Bushman to your Blanche (it's a Golden Girls reference--if you don't get the reference, ask any gay man within 50 miles and they will explain it to you).

 
At 22/3/06 3:27 PM, Blogger carlotta said...

Erin - I didn't go to fado. I started out at The Five Points Corner Tavern then went to Grant Central for a slice. Next I was at the East Side Lounge for a little 80's night dancing and then on to Mary's.

Brad - Is Mel the guy that keeps breaking his dates with Blanche? I remember the character but not exactly what went on in the episode.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home