Brand New Chimichanga

Friday, February 17, 2006

Kiss the Girl

I've been hanging out with Mr. 40+ a good bit this week because he was actually off work and in town. I even went to his house Tuesday for dinner. It was an intimate gathering of friends so it wasn't really romantic or anything. And it certainly wasn't romantic when I topped off the night in the bathroom with my head in the toilet. Apparently it isn't just RED wine, it's ALL wine. So yep I got trashed and threw up on our "second" date. I'm classy all right. Somehow he even found my drunk, sick ass charming. Go figure.

Mr. 40+ is a wonderful man. He's funny, smart, successful, kind, generous, open-minded, handsome, honest and domesticated. He's great on paper. He's everything I've ever said that I wanted. He's damn near perfect, except for one teeny, tiny little thing. When he kisses me it's nice, but that's about it. Shouldn't you get a little hot and bothered when a guy you like kisses you? And I do like him, I'd be crazy not to.

I mean my God, when the Young Republican kissed me I just wanted more. We were wet (from the rain, get your mind out of the gutter!), my hair kept getting in the way, sometimes we'd bump teeth, but we didn't care. It was like we literally couldn't get enough. Hell, my ears are getting a little hot just thinking about it now.

And I know that it was most likely lust in the driver's seat with the Young Republican. And I know lust fades and isn't grounds to build a relationship. Besides he hasn't called either. But I can't help but be slightly worried that the most I can say when Mr. 40+ kisses me is that it was nice. I guess what I'm really saying is that I'm not ready to write either one of them off just yet.

Especially since I ran into the Young Republican's friend last night and he told me (without me asking) the YR tried to call me Sunday but the number I gave him didn't work. Could be bullshit, could be not (we were both drunk, so it's hard to say). So instead of giving his friend the right number, I asked him to tell the YR that I was sorry about the number, it wasn't intentional and that if he was interested he should come find me and we'd try it again. Damn, I hope he finds me. Unfortunately I'm not any less confused than before.

3 Comments:

At 18/2/06 1:22 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

The spark of a good toe curl kiss does count pretty high in my book. Let's face it, we kiss a hell of a lot more than f*ck.

 
At 19/2/06 7:47 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

hmmm.... I'm torn on this one. Troy and I no longer make out like we used to... so the importance of toe-curling is low to me... but it WAS there to begin with.. so many moons ago.


maybe when things go a little firther with 40+, the kisses will heat up as well???

XXOO

 
At 20/2/06 10:35 AM, Blogger Sally O'Malley said...

Why is it that the older we get the more complicated things are?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home