Brand New Chimichanga

Monday, January 16, 2006

Good Friday

Okay so I didn't stay home and watch movies Friday night (but I did shave). Instead I got all dolled up in a new outfit (well, new top and necklaces) and went to hang out at the bar for a few hours. Tommy Lee's band was playing in a near by town and I was planning on going but since I'd never been to this particular bar and I was going alone, I didn't want to get there too early. Instead I decided to hang out at my home away from home until almost 11:00 when Tommy Lee and Co. would be taking the stage and then head over to see them.

I get to the bar and there sits Tommy Lee with his new girlfriend Courtney Love. Um, okay slightly awkward moment and I don't know what to do. I just walk past them to the other end of the bar and flash a quick smile as I breeze past. After maybe 5 minutes Tommy Lee leaves Courtney sitting at the bar and comes over to me. Then he begins to apologize. Apparently he was blitzed the night before and realized that he (while rightfully bringing to my attention that I'd said something that bothered him) was pretty much an asshole about it Thursday night. Then he informs me that he was sitting with COURTNEY his GIRLFRIEND. Well yeah I kind of figured that's who she was. Then he tells me that she isn't his girlfriend and he's just hanging out with her. Whatever. I point out that he called her his girlfriend Monday when he told me about her. He changes the subject by asking if I'm coming to see the band later. I told him I might and then Tommy and Courtney leave. He's so fucking weird...

Flash forward about an hour. In walks the 40+ guy from last night. I'd been hoping I might run into him again. I couldn't stop thinking about what he said to me the night before. I was thinking about it when I went to sleep Thursday night. I was thinking about it sitting at my desk. I was thinking about it while I washed my hair Friday night. Can you tell I'd been thinking about it a lot? So anyway, he comes into the bar and I just sit at the opposite end playing it as cool as I possibly can. Eventually he makes his way towards the end of the bar where I'm sitting (his friends are sitting at the table behind me). He makes it as far as the stool next to me and no further.

We sat and talked for 4 1/2 hours. I missed Tommy's show (oops). Hell I was barely aware of what was going on around me. We talked about music, travel, family, books, movies, food and even sports. I also found out that he remembered talking to me Thursday but he didn't really remember what we talked about (he'd been to a close friend's funeral earlier in the day and apparently he'd had a bit much to drink, not that you could really tell). He was concerned that he'd said something offensive to me and I assured him that wasn't the case. I just told him the conversation was illuminating and left it at that. I had a great time Friday. He's smart. He's funny. He's sexy. He's witty. He gave me butterflies. He has a daughter 9 years younger than me... (yeah...)

When he got ready to leave he told me how much he'd enjoyed spending time getting to know me better. I told him how much fun I'd had. He gave me this great hug and left. I couldn't believe he didn't ask for my number. We don't run into each other that often. I've gone well over a month without seeing him out. During our lengthy conversation he even said that he needed to cook me dinner one night and make me listen to some Neil Young album (he loves him, me not so much). Kind of hard to invite me over for dinner when you don't have my phone number. I'm just a little confused at the moment. I mean I've made a promise to myself to take things a little slower with men, and I plan on sticking to that, but it would be nice if we could at least meet up for a drink sometime soon. Once again I guess I'll just have to sit back and see what happens, and we all know how good I am at that. But at least now we all know that I'm so going there if given the chance!

5 Comments:

At 17/1/06 12:53 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

hmmmm .... that's GREAT... but kinda weird????


Is he still married-slash-together with mother of daughter? really puzzled about the whole no-number thing.

but no matter... sounds like you had a good time with him! I hope things work out... keep us posted!

 
At 17/1/06 1:42 PM, Blogger carlotta said...

God no! I don't do married! I don't even do separated. It's divorced, never married or no dice.

 
At 17/1/06 5:11 PM, Blogger Erin said...

he knows where to find you. you didn't see him out for a whole month and then you see him two nights in a row. coincidence? I don't think so.

 
At 17/1/06 7:34 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

Could be like me and just completely forgot about the number....then while in the parking lot, he slapped his forehead mumbling "Dork, dork, dork" .... just saying.

 
At 18/1/06 1:27 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

good points from Erin and Jack...

I kinda like the suspense.... It's a helluva lot more interesting than MY life, I can tell you that!

again.. good luck!! XXOO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home