Brand New Chimichanga

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Brand New Year (My Revolution)

Sadly this is all that remains of my long update post from last week....


I'm approaching this brand new, shiny year with hopeful optimism. I know I can be a bit cynical and sarcastic at times (and come on, you love me for it), but I feel that good things are to come. I deserve good things so I'm just going to try and recognize them when they come along and take advantage of them. I'm trying to remember if I always feel this way at the turn of a new year, but I honestly can't remember. So therefore I'm going to assume this new year's optimism is something different.

I don't think I greeted 2005 with the same warmth and outlook with which I'm greeting 2006. Granted last year was a bit of a difficult one for me but in all honesty I think I'm much better for it. I feel like a more well rounded, able person. In short I'm pretty happy being me these days. Who would've thought it? I like who I am. Even on those days when it's raining shit, I still don't think I'd choose to be anyone but myself.

2 Comments:

At 12/1/06 9:43 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

I always wondered why it is so much easier to remember the bad times compared to the good. Go and kick 2006's ass. Enjoy!

 
At 17/1/06 12:46 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

welcome back!!! I'm a few days late... gotta get caught up!

PS... I agree that you DO deserve the best for 2006.... may it be good to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home