Brand New Chimichanga

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Upside Down

I fear that I have offended some of my male readers. For that I'm sorry. I still stand my statement though. Boys suck. Men on the other hand are just fine. Brad, Jack which are you?

In other news, the Cowboy is a boy and he sucks. I saw him Friday night and after a very, very nice and lengthy good night kiss, he told me he'd definitely see me tomorrow. I haven't seen or heard from him since. Definitely see me tomorrow my ass. I just don't get it. I have no other choice but to call him and ask him what the hell happened. I mean it's pretty much over but I still think I deserve some sort of explanation. If you aren't into me, then just say so. I assure you I will some how manage to go on.

Moving on...
My weekend was pretty fucking bizarre by normal standards. I went to the bar to hang out Friday night (pretty much waiting on the Cowboy to show). Some dude starts talking to me and being the nice little Southern girl that I am I engaged in polite conversation with him. He finally asks me out. I told him I was seeing someone. He asks for my number. Okay are you deaf I just told you I was seeing someone. So he gives me his number instead. A while later he departs. I threw it away later in the night because, well of the Cowboy, but also because I just couldn't go out with someone 20 years older than me!

Then some other guy comes over and starts talking. Okay nice guy but I just can't see myself with some dude with a gold tooth. That's just a little too bling-bling for me. Exit this dude, enter the Cowboy. I had a nice time with the Cowboy. We hung out for a while and talked and flirted and did whatever it is that we do. He had to head home fairly early because he had to work the next morning. He asks me to come outside with him when he leaves. So knowing the he wants to kiss me, I oblige. We kiss for a little bit. He walks away. He comes back. We kiss a little more. This happens maybe three times before he finally makes it to the car.

I go back inside and take my seat. Some time later another guy comes over. Hell this dude is older than the first. He's telling me he's a truck driver, he's shy, he doesn't get to talk to many people. Blah, blah, blah. I just kind of smile and nod. He kisses the side of my head. I politely inform him that I'm friends with most of the big bastards in the place and if he gets out of hand then they would have no problem kicking his ass on my behalf. I thought this was a pretty good deterrent. Apparently not. He kisses me again and this time decides to grope me as well. I pull his hand off my boob and he walks out the door. Smart man.

I'm just sitting there all creeped out when Tommy Lee stops by on his way back from the bathroom. He asks what happened and I tell him. He goes looking for the guy to "kick his ass" but thank God the dude was gone. I didn't want Tommy getting into a fight because of me. Tommy Lee comes back and sits with me on the off chance the molester decides to return. We're chatting like normal and at some point it comes out that I've never seen Apocalypse Now. Tommy thinks I need to watch this movie and I need to watch it with him. Now that we're friends apparently is much more acceptable to hang out and watch movies. So now I've agreed, albeit a little reluctantly, to watch the movie with him at our house. I'm in charge of the movie and he's in charge of lunch. I'm still not sure if he'll even show up.

Tommy Lee calls me at 10:00 the next morning to confirm out movie plans. I guess he's showing up after all. I go and get the movie and he shows up with lunch. Tommy's idea of lunch is bag full of tacos and a 12 pack of beer. We watch the movie, we eat tacos, we drink beer. Six and half hours later he decides he needs to go. We are out of beer. I couldn't tell you the last time I was drunk on Saturday afternoon or the last time I had so much fun hanging out at the house on a Saturday. Tommy Lee and I are much better friends that we were, well whatever we were. He actually made the weekend. If I hadn't been hanging out with him, I would've been obsessing just a bit about the Cowboy. And no Tommy Lee and I are going to date again. We both agree that we like being friends much better. We like each other too much to date.

I stayed in Saturday night because A) I was a bit tipsy B) I had a headache C) I'd only slept 2 1/2 hours the night before D) Friday night was just too fucking weird.

4 Comments:

At 25/10/05 8:09 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

I took no offense to the previous post. I can readily admit that I suck at times (but not always). But I do consider myself a man, being way too old for the boy mentality.

Cowboy is not separated is he? Seems like a flake, but that is just my opinion. Keep the faith on guys.

That movie is one of the all time greats if you are in the right "mood".

 
At 25/10/05 9:52 PM, Blogger Erin said...

When I was in college I had card in my room that said "Men Suck" and then when you opend it up it said "And that's not all they're good for". When my boyfriend and I broke up he cited as a reason that I was too bitter toward men and gave the card as proof. Just goes to show how little they think about these things.

Cowboy may have just been busy, but I'm with you, he could have called or something. He probably just did not think about it and that is why men suck.

 
At 27/10/05 3:07 PM, Blogger carlotta said...

Jack - He's not separated but he is divorced. Are men flaky when they're separated?

 
At 27/10/05 8:16 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

I was just thinking that maybe his other half was getting back into his life or he got caught or whatever.

Don't know about all men. I am divorced, but I don't think I am flakey (maybe that is a sign that I am?). Then again, I have not started to "date" yet, even though I really would like to. I bet I get spooked once or twice. It is a matter of the comfort level.

If you are ever in KC, I'll buy you a drink and you can tell me if I am flakey :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home