Brand New Chimichanga

Monday, October 10, 2005

Rhinestone Cowboy

Well thanks for gathering around for this week's episode of "guess who I met this weekend". I'm starting to feel like I have a harem or something. Well anyways, I hope at the very least, that my social life is entertaining for all of you.

Friday night I went to the bar to hang out. It was a slow night and frankly I was bored. I was on the verge of leaving when a couple of bar friends came in. They asked me to join them for at least a beer before I took off. So I ordered a beer and sat at their table. A while later the Cowboy comes in and sits down with us. I'd met him several weeks ago and we've chatted casually in passing when we run into each other.

I'm calling him the Cowboy, not because he looks like one, but because he actually used to be one. He rode bulls in the rodeo. And no there isn't a cowboy boot, Wranglers or a big ass belt buckle in sight. There's a tattoo, a piercing and a pair of Diesels instead. Now if you're going to be a cowboy, then that's the kind of cowboy I can handle.

We're hanging out with everyone talking about everything from birthdays to shoes. During the shoe conversation I find out the Cowboy has a thing for shoes (not women's shoes but men's, although he did compliment my shoes). The boy has pretty good shoe taste as he was wearing a very nice pair of Kenneth Cole's. Then proceeds to tell me where the best shoe department is in Atlanta. In his opinion it's Nordstrom. Okay at this point my jaw drops. Not only do I love shoes, I love Nordstrom's shoe department. We even love the same Nordstrom in Atlanta (the one at Perimeter Mall). We continue to hang out for the rest of the night until the guy he came with is ready to leave. He tells me how much he enjoyed talking to me, hugs me and kisses me on the cheek. Awwww.

Saturday I go to the bar to see the band that was playing and when I walk in I go over to talk to CAT. Lo and behold there sits the Cowboy at the end of the bar. CAT told me he'd come in by himself and had been sitting there for about half an hour when I came in. He and I grab some stools together and again sit there talking all night. During our conversation I find out that he remembered when my birthday was from the group conversation before, that he noticed my shoes when I walked in and he's knows about Amazing Grace lotion by Philosophy. At this point I had to ask him if he were gay. He wasn't offended and assured me that he was in deed very straight. I guess it was rude to ask but I needed to know. Before he walked me to my car he asked me for my number and even though the Sugar Daddy experience was still fresh, I gave it to him. He told me he'd call me Sunday. I got another hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Sunday he called and we talked for over an hour on the phone. After I showered I called him back and he asked if he could come over and see me. I like him so far, so I figure I'll roll with it even though it seems kind of soon to be seeing each other every day. He comes over to the house and we spent the next four hours sitting on the couch, you guessed it, talking. He left at 10:00 so I could get some sleep. Again he hugs me and kisses my cheek. I stood in the front door giving him the universal signal for "you can kiss me now" and he just told me he'd call me Monday and left.

I've been sitting here all day wondering if he's interested or he just wants a shoe shopping buddy. It's not like I want to sleep with him at this point but you'd figure I might at least get a kiss on the lips. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

2 Comments:

At 11/10/05 5:31 PM, Blogger Erin said...

He's straight AND he likes shoes? Ride that cowboy!

 
At 11/10/05 8:45 PM, Blogger Brad said...

He's taking itslow...don't knock it....there aren't many gentlemen left in the world. Give it a couple dates....then ride that cowboy like a psychotic brama bull overdosing on no doze.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home