Brand New Chimichanga

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Get In the Ring

The saga continues...

It was payday at the bar so CAT and I went by there to pick up her check. We were sitting there talking to some regulars when Tommy Lee comes strolling in. I could tell that he honestly debated about turning around and leaving when he saw me. Instead he took a seat as far away from me as he could, kept his sunglasses on, hide behind a newspaper and talked to everyone but me. At this point I really couldn't help but wonder what in the hell I did to make him act like this. And you know, the only answer I could come up with was "abso-fuckin'-lutely nothing".

These were his issues, not mine. I was acting like an adult. He wasn't. I'll be damned if I'm going to bury my head in the sand. I'm determined that things are not going to be weird between us. Things are over but they don't have to be awkward. We never really got all that involved anyway so for once in my life I really don't see any reason that we can't be friends.

So anyway, a little later the guy sitting next to Tommy leaves. I sit where I am for about 10 minutes before I move to the stool next to him. We sit there for roughly 5 minutes before he actually says anything to me. I'm making him nervous and he finally makes some lame ass joke to break the ice. After a few minutes we're talking somewhat normally. I know things will never be like they were, but I'm just hoping we can find some level of comfort and normality around each other since I'll continue to bump into him.

After a while he goes to get something out of his truck. While he's gone I get the skull ring out of my purse and lay it on the bar in front of where he was sitting. He comes back in, sits down, shows the bartender a flier for the band and appears not to notice the ring. After a few minutes he says something about it laying on the bar. I told him that I thought he would want it back. Then he starts ragging on the ring. Calling it a gumball machine piece of crap, or something to that effect. I said that since I'd never seen that gumball machine piece of crap off his finger until he gave it to me, I thought he should have it back. He held it for a while and I finally asked if he were going to put it on. He said no that it looked like it had been tainted and had a look of shame about it now. Then he threw the damned thing in the tip jar and we continued to sit there and chat for a little longer. Then he left.

I don't know what the whole skull ring thing was about. I was just trying to be nice and give it back. Well and to make it clear that whatever we'd been doing that was above and beyond friends was now officially over. I can't decide if he was pissed because I gave it back, if he was pissed because he gave it to me in the first place or he was pissed at himself because he fucked up. I guess I'll never really know...

1 Comments:

At 21/9/05 5:36 PM, Blogger Brad said...

Just cut your losses and let it go. The whole thing is not worth the drama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home