Brand New Chimichanga

Friday, September 16, 2005

Like a Rolling Stone

In a very Mary Catherine Gallagher move, I have complied a blog entry made up entirely of Rolling Stones lyrics that best express the weird ass mood I'm in. My only excuse for this display is that I was listening to them last night, loving them is one of the few things Tommy Lee and I have in common and when put in the correct order pretty well sums this catastrophe up. And now for your distinct displeasure...

Graceless lady you know who I am
You know I can't let you slide through my hands
There's one thing baby
That I don't understand
You keep on telling me
I ain't your kind of man
So don't play with me, cause you're playing with fire
Well you've got no money and I've got no charm
While you're in a panic, I stay so calm
Well I was just out there to have some fun
But it's easier said than done
I ain't going to keep it long, baby
But just long, long enough
You say you're honest but love is for thieves
All the dreams we held so close
Seem to all go up in smoke
I hate that sadness in your eyes
Ain't it time we said good-bye?
I know I dreamed you
A sin and a lie
I have my freedom but I don't have much time
As I stand by your flame
I get burned once again
Love is a bed full of blues
Won't drag you down with abuse
In the silk sheet of time
I will find peace of mind

Lyrics pilfered from: Beast of Burden, Angie, Stealing my Heart, Play with Fire, Wild Horses, I've Got the Blues and Losing my Touch.

1 Comments:

At 18/9/05 10:53 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

I loved the combining of the lyrics. Too bad on the subject.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home