Brand New Chimichanga

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

100 Years Ago

Okay so not 100 years ago but as of today I've lost 100 pounds. Last week I only had one pound to go and you wouldn't think that 1 pound would make that much difference. Apparently it did. I came back from working out at the gym on my lunch break and logged my weight into Weight Watchers online. When I clicked the submit button, I got a lovely little "congratulations you've lost 100 pounds" announcement and promptly started to cry. It was happy crying but still quite unexpected. I didn't know that 1 pound would be so emotional but it really was. This experience has changed me on the inside just as much as it has on the outside. I've shed some issues along with those pounds and I really feel like that was a good thing. I am really happy and kind of proud of myself. In fact I think this is worthy of a little celebration tonight. Cheers!

6 Comments:

At 23/8/05 3:15 PM, Blogger d-town said...

Oh my Pookie Mama I am so very proud of you. I know you have had to work so hard for this. I know how difficult all this must have been, because I myself am finding it tough to lose just 10lbs!

You deserve a new purse!

 
At 23/8/05 7:13 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

New purse, new shoes (that don't hurt your feet), new outfit (a sailor dress with a sailor hat).

 
At 23/8/05 8:50 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

Three cheers! You deserve a hell of a lot for that accomplishment. Damn, that made me teary eyed. Life is looking good :)

 
At 24/8/05 9:18 AM, Blogger Brad said...

Congrats girl! You deserve every bit of praise you can get, because I know the level of committment you put into getting this far. :o)

 
At 25/8/05 10:21 AM, Blogger J.F.Tobias said...

work those points girl. I am so proud of you!!!!

 
At 25/8/05 6:35 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

wow, carlotta---- that's so great!!!

congratulations on the weight loss... the life change... and for all things going right!!!

big hugs!!! wait... I mean SKINNY hugs!!!!!!

XXOO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home