Brand New Chimichanga

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I Will Survive

I depended on you. You were supposed to be there for me. In reality you just brought me down and made me sad. I put so much time and effort into you but what I received in return was fleeting. The happy moments and laughter didn't last. The sadness and turmoil you wouldn't let me leave behind. Just when I let my guard down you would throw it back in my face and make me relive it all over again. You made me cry too often. It took me awhile to see that ours was not a healthy relationship. That I was the one investing my time. That I was the one sharing all of my emotions. Many times my words fell on deaf ears and sometimes you ignored me all together.

It's funny that I didn't even realize how little I needed you until you were gone. I wasn't even the one who sent you away but I'm glad you left. You disappeared and it made my world so much lighter and brighter. If I had known getting rid of you would have yielded those kinds of results I would have ditched you a long time ago.

We can still be friends, though. I can talk to you from time to time. I know that I don't need you and I'm fine on my own. I don't really miss you at all. I don't have the desire to be with you constantly anymore. I find no gratification in your embrace. I'm not elated by your random bursts of love and laughter. I find these days they don't affect me one way or the other. I'm pretty indifferent to you. I guess I wasn't as into you as I thought.

Most surprising to me is that I am happier without you.

2 Comments:

At 22/6/05 9:04 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

Very nice. Feels good to express that.

 
At 23/6/05 8:20 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Good for you!!
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home