Brand New Chimichanga

Monday, October 03, 2005

Almost Perfect

So apparently I've turned into a 12 year old girl and I'm boy crazy...

UPDATE: I laid it out for the Sugar Daddy. Said what I had to say. He said he appreciated my honesty and a bunch of other crap that I had trouble making heads or tails of. Tommy Lee came over and talked to both of us. Tommy was touching me a little too much trying to mark his territory. Sugar Daddy got mad and left. A while later he called and left a snippy voicemail on my cell phone. He hasn't called me since. Good riddance, I say. Tommy Lee and I had a much needed discussion about things. He apologized and wants us to be friends. I agreed. So there you go, the Sugar Daddy has been dealt with, Tommy Lee and I are cool again and I'm still hoping to run into Chunky. You would think that this would be enough for anyone, but oh no...

LBG and I headed to Wake Forest Friday for the Clemson game. We decided to go to this particular game because she was stalking a boy that goes to school there. Okay that sounds much worse than it is. He's a friend of our friend's husband, she knew of him when we all went to Clemson, she sat with him and our married friends at the Clemson/Texas A&M game so they do have some history. Our married friends were going to visit him for the Wake Forest game so LBG decided we should drive up there too, since she'd have a good chance of being able to hang out with him some.

We meet them out at a bar when we got into town Friday night. Some other friends of his from Clemson had come to visit as well. Besides our married friends, there was a couple who were dating and Frodo. I thought Frodo was cute when we all made the initial introductions but that was about it. As the night wore on LBG and I started playing our movie game* with Frodo and our friend's husband. After a boys vs girls game that went on for quite some time, somehow it became a game between just Frodo and me. The more we played, the more we laughed, the closer we got, the more everyone else just faded into the background. I was kicking his ass by the way because to quote him, I'm "unbeatable". In addition to being cute, he's funny, smart, sweet, good natured, laid back, fun and loves movies. Could he be any more perfect?

Eventually everyone was ready to leave. Frodo asked several times if LBG and I were coming back the house to hang out some more. We decided we would but we'd driven to the bar, whereas everyone else had walked from Wake boy's house. Wake boy's roommate rode with LBG and I to give us directions. On the less than 5 minute drive to Wake boy's house Frodo calls me to continue playing our movie game. They all get home and Frodo and I are hanging out on the couch, shoulder to shoulder, thigh to thigh. I'm getting the "I want to kiss you" vibe from him. All of a sudden he jumps up and says he needs to get beer. He comes back with the beer and goes out to the porch. A little while later I make my way to the porch and several of us are standing around talking.

LBG yells at me from inside the house to come in for a minute. I go in and she tells me that she just found out that Frodo has a girlfriend. They've been together for like 8 years or something. I'm absolutely crushed and feeling like a jackass all at the same time. Of course he has a girlfriend. Why wouldn't a guy this great already be taken? I ended up feeling really stupid for thinking he was interested but LBG says that he totally was. He just can't act on it because he has a girlfriend. He never once did anything inappropriate and he was completely loyal. That just makes me like him a little more.

We still managed to have fun the rest of the weekend but things with Frodo obviously weren't the same. I knew he had a girlfriend, he knew I knew he had a girlfriend. The drive home was kind of sad though. I even cried a little, not sobbed mind you but shed a few tears. I know that I have no chance in hell of being with this guy but we just had such a strong instant connection and great chemistry. It made me sad to know that I'd had that kind of spark with someone that was in love with another girl. I really hope my lobster is out there somewhere and that when I meet him he'll be unattached.

FYI: LBG's man turned out to be a complete ass and now she hates him.

*Our movie game rules: Someone names an actor, the next person names a movie said actor was in, the next person names another actor in the same movie, the next person names another movie that actor was in.
Example: Julia Roberts, Notting Hill, Hugh Grant, Love Actually, Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Maggie Smith, The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, etc.

7 Comments:

At 3/10/05 7:14 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

I hate him with every bone in my body. I hate him so much I almost chopped off all of my hair! Bastard! Jack Ass! Fuck Rag!

 
At 3/10/05 9:09 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

Not that it would be the same, but another movie buff that I have ran into is Becky over at http://beckypretz.blogspot.com/. I could not name shit when it comes to movies. I am totally impressed with someone who can. Which implies that, yes, you have totally impressed me. Smiles.

 
At 5/10/05 6:49 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

bastard jackass fucker.....


seriously... who stays with someone for EIGHT YEARS without being engaged or married or SOMETHING????? oh, I dunno... the kind that runs off all shmucky-lucky flirtatiuos with someone who's WORTH being with, like YOU... but then leaves you hanging cause of his sense of morality???


I call bullshit. I mean... I know you like the guy, but I think it's jacked up for how he behaved.

I just hope he realizes what things SHOULD be like, breaks up with the girl he's been dragging around for so long and makes mad, serious movie games with you. ( and not take 8 years to do it...)


XXOO big hugs!

 
At 5/10/05 5:31 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

Whoah!! I have to stick up for the Frodster...he didn't do anything wrong. He acted naturally...which is something that a lot of people have difficulty with. For someone we just met, we all had fun! We got a long and if anything, acted like old friends. He's a good guy and wouldn't intentionally hurt anyone's feelings..

 
At 5/10/05 6:44 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

carlotta and LBG... I wasn't trying to slam the guy so much as be mad at the situation.... sorry if I came off as a bitch. I mean... I AM.... but I wasn't trying to be mean, you know?


I'm sure he's a stand-up guy, but it just makes me mad he couldn't slip a simple reference to the woman he's been with for so long at least once on his own. I know if *I* was with someone for that long and found out he was talking/flirting/vibing to a pretty girl for so long without mentioning me... I'd be pretty hurt....

 
At 6/10/05 10:04 AM, Blogger carlotta said...

Actually I think you're both right. Frodo did absolutely nothing he shouldn't have, but you'd think he would mention his long term girlfriend at some point in idle conversation. I guess I'm just the asshole for not bothering to find out much earlier in the night if he was involved with someone. Of course he didn't give the impression that he was practically married. Okay I have to stop because this could go on forever.... He has a girlfriend. The End!

 
At 6/10/05 7:14 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

I guess he could've slipped it in between Pulp Fiction -->Samuel L Jackson --> Star Wars (any of them) --> Jimmy Smitts

Frodo: "Damn you two! By the way, I have a girlfriend"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home