Brand New Chimichanga

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Roller Skating Child


Here's one for the history books...

I've been in a not great mood for the last few days. I think it's been a combination of work, personal shit and the weather. Anyways in an effort to lift me out of my funk CAT suggested we get out of the house and do something low key and cheesy. We decided on bowling. Bowling is not something I do on a regular basis but it's fun if you're with a good group of people. We get to the bowling alley and discover it's league night and all the lanes are taken.

Not to be defeated CAT comes up with another plan. Apparently there's a roller skating rink just down the road so off we go. Yep, for the first time in at least 15 years I went roller skating last night. And I sucked but that's okay, 'cause at least I got out there. And I did end up having fun even after busting my ass twice. I wasn't a terribly good skater as a child so you can imagine what it was like last night. There was a five year old kid who could skate better than me. But hey I just got out there and went with the flow.

3 Comments:

At 8/2/06 4:19 PM, Blogger Sally O'Malley said...

Oh, my God! Roller skating is awesome! Kim and I went with a group of friends right before we left Tuscaloosa... fun but a RUDE awakening. The crowd - undboutedly unchanged since my childhood in the late 80s/early 90s - scared me more than it did when I was 7. Plus, not only could the wee kids skate circles around me, they liked to trip people on purpose!!! Assholes! There was this lone African-American man who could do all this cool, smooth disco skating stuff. Once I got sick of those little redneck assholes, I just sat down and watched him. (Wow, did I go on a tangent...) Anyway, hope all is well with you! I am still a regular reader and hope to see you in the ATL sometime this spring!

 
At 9/2/06 9:05 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

The flow is the only way to go.

 
At 11/2/06 10:45 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

NICE!!!! though I'll admit to being sore even thinking about it!

but yeah... you rock... you roller disco babe, you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home