Brand New Chimichanga

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Chained and Bound

Well I went against all "the rules" and called Mr. 40+ last night. I'm glad that I did. He seemed really happy and surprised to hear from me. I initially called him for a "quick chat" but instead we talked for an hour and a half. Again completely ignoring "the rules" per conversation length. About the only "rule" I did follow was I was the one to break off the conversation. Fuck "the rules"! I got a date by following my gut.

He's going to cook dinner for me next weekend. This weekend he'll be with his kids. I'm still not really sure how I feel about seeing someone with kids, but what can you do? I'm using the term kids here loosely by the way, because I know his daughter is 20 and I'm guessing his son is just a few years younger. I'm not sure if the fact that they're older makes things better or worse.

In other news I think things with Tommy Lee are getting a little strange. Saturday night I went over to the studio with him so he could show me a new poster he'd had made up for some of the upcoming shows. As we're walking back over to the bar he grabs my hand. I jokingly said, "God, you so love me." He responded by saying, "sad thing is, that I do." Um, okay.

Monday night I stop by the bar to have a drink. It had just been one of those days. While I'm sitting there Tommy Lee comes in. I decide to have one more drink while I chat with him, then I'm going home. He asks me to play pool. We play. I finish my second drink and switch to water. Suddenly another martini appears in front of me. Tommy bought me a drink. I told him I'd drink it but I didn't want anymore after that. Five martinis later I'm drunk (Tommy never has been a good listener).

I can't drive home. I won't let him drive me home, because well, he can't drive stone cold sober and he has no license, so he takes me over to the studio. When we get there, Tommy finds me a pillow and some blankets then tucks me in on the couch. He sits on the floor and talks to me until I fall asleep. I wake up the next morning wrapped up in him. He's constantly surprising me and I think it's kind of sweet that he took care of my drunk ass. Although he did have a fairly good point; that he was somewhat responsible for my drunken state. It's an odd friendship but it seems to work for us. My only problem is that most people don't understand it.

I'm guessing pretty much everyone in that bar thinks we went over to the studio and fucked. I honestly don't care what they think but I could potentially see this making things sticky for me where Mr. 40+ is concerned. I'm thinking if I've got a snowball's chance in hell of making a go of things with Mr. 40+, I'm going to have to tone things down a bit with Tommy Lee. Not stop hanging out with him because he is my friend and I don't give up friends for anyone, but I think we need a few boundaries. I've got a feeling Tommy's not very good with boundaries...

1 Comments:

At 2/2/06 11:44 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

Personally, I would be open and honest with Mr 40+. If you tell him the situation, then when he hears it from the grapevine, then he will be the wiser. Plus, have you thought that he might be shy because he has heard rumors about you and Tommy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home