Brand New Chimichanga

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Crash Into Me

A friend of mine has a little girl who is 7. A while back when I was home visiting my parents, my friend brought her family over for a visit. While I was talking to the little girl, she was telling me about school and this and that. Sometime during the conversation she told me told me about this little boy in her class who had a crash on her. Confused, I looked to her mother for an explanation. Apparently the little girl had crash confused with crush.

For some reason I remembered that mix-up yesterday and the more I thought about it, the more I decided that kid was dead on. More often than not my crushes are more like crashes. The Cowboy was certainly a crash. Not a fatal crash by any means, but I did walk away from that one slightly dazed and a little bruised. Tommy Lee, well I knew that was just a crash course from the get go, but luckily it turned out okay in the end. Mr. 40+, well it still remains to be seen how this crash will turn out. I can't help but wonder though; how many times can you keep walking away from a crash site unharmed? Eventually I'm going to crash and get hurt.

2 Comments:

At 19/1/06 2:35 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I like the concept, but I'm a bit more optimistic.


I'd like to think of *crush* relationships like being in a bumper car. like when you have one, it definitely shakes you up, but ultimately sends you back off in a different direction.... which isn't always a bad thing.


hang in there..... good stuff *IS* coming your way... I just know it. XXOO

 
At 20/1/06 10:27 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I feel the same way. I don't know how many times you can walk away unharmed, or if you really are unharmed. There might be some internal injuries. At least in my case anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home