Brand New Chimichanga

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Politics of Kissing



Friday night was interesting. I had the Young Republican at his bar and Mr. 40+ at "the bar" and I ran back and forth all night. It was killing my ass so I finally decided that I couldn't and wouldn't do it anymore. I went back to the Young Republican and started the conversation that I really thought it was much too early to have. Apparently he'd be doing some thinking about "us" as well. Ultimately he told that he thought we should just be friends because he could NEVER get over the fact that I'm a democrat! You know coming from anyone else I would call bullshit, but coming from him, sadly I know that it was the truth. The guy is serious about his politics.

There were other issues as well, like we don't really have all that much in common. This is true, we don't have much in common and it has been bugging me a little. He also said he had trouble with the fact that I don't own hiking boots and I wear heels all the time. Okay, WTF? So anyway we decided to be friends and that he's an idiot with issues. He admitted that. To paraphrase it was something like, "I know I have issues, I know I'm an idiot but I just don't think I can get over our big differences. I wanted to. I tried to. I really like you. You're hot. I'm more than attracted to you. You're a hell of a kisser, but I'm not dating just to date at this point in my life. I'm dating to find someone to spend the rest of my life with. I could never marry a democrat." So there you go, he was looking for a Nancy and I'm so much more a Jackie.

I do find it more than slightly ironic that I got dumped for being a democrat, when anyone who knows me well can tell you that I'm not really all that politically minded. I voted for the first time in the last presidential election and that was only because George W. pissed me off about gay rights. I find politics kind of boring. Oh well it's all for the best. I really am okay with just being friends. I didn't go home and cry into my pillow. I'm just a little disappointed because the physical attraction was something awesome. Damn, I'm gonna miss those lips.

So after our talk, I went back to Mr. 40+, preceded to mainline JagerBombs and went home with him. No, I didn't fuck him. And I think I've decided that I don't want to be with Mr. 40+ either. It just doesn't feel right. So at the moment I'm down to one but I think soon I'll be down to none. I guess it's just feast or famine with me.

3 Comments:

At 28/2/06 11:25 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

Well damn. One of your best posts with the thread of politics, sex, and humanity. And yet, I am a little sad that the YR could look past or at least try to "convert" you.

 
At 2/3/06 3:39 PM, Blogger d-town said...

he's looking for a republican who owns hiking boots? i think you and i know the woman for him ... "you see, there's this girl we know ... "

 
At 7/3/06 1:51 PM, Blogger carlotta said...

Taylor, I'm not pissed enough at the Young Republican to turn him over to Popeye. Besides he's too cute for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home