Brand New Chimichanga

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Fairy Tale High

Okay this might actually be the (second) greatest story ever told. Well it's my new favorite at least.

Friday night CAT was off work so she and I had a "girl's night out". We stopped by a bar earlier in the night to see a friend of hers, stopped by a friend's house and then eventually we ended up at "the bar". I ran into my friend Abby there and we had an interesting little chat about the Young Republican. Apparently he really had tried to call me and I really had given him the wrong number. I assured Abby that it was unintentional. Abby even tried to give him right phone number but at that point the Young Republican wouldn't take it because of Mr. 40+. Abby asked me if I was dating the "old dude" and I told him I hardly consider one date to be dating. Abby left with the promise that he would see what he could do and try to get the Young Republican to call me.

After my conversation with Abby I physically felt ill. I wanted to throw up and my hand was shaking. I gave CAT a recap of the conversation with Abby. She suggested I walk across the street to the bar the Young Republican frequents. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I wanted to see if he was there, but I didn't want to go running after him not knowing really where I stood. CAT offers to go over there and check things out for me. I agree and off she goes. Less than 15 minutes later the Young Republican is standing in front of me smiling.

My new favorite story is about what transpired between CAT and the Young Republican while I was at "the bar". Here goes....

CAT walks into the crowded bar and starts scanning the room. She walks around searching the crowd to see if he's there. She makes a few passes and not seeing him, decides to come back to "the bar". As she's making her way towards the door, someone pokes her in the side. She turns and seeing who it is says "Hey!". First words out of his mouth are "I tried to call her." CAT responds by telling him that I know he tried to call and I accidentally gave him the wrong number because I was drunk and it wasn't intentional. Then she tells him that she knows where I am. He asks where. She tells him across the street. He asks, "I should go?". CAT tells him he should go. Then she said he practically ran out the door.

After he found me, we spent some time getting to know each other a little better. We talked and kissed until 6:30 Saturday morning. As he was leaving he promised to call me Monday which he did. So that's where I am with the Young Republican. I'm still chatting with Mr. 40+ but I haven't seen him in a week. Oh and I'm not any closer to figuring out what I'm doing with either one of them.

7 Comments:

At 22/2/06 4:25 PM, Blogger Sally O'Malley said...

Damn, girl! It must feel good (and confusing) to have options. Glad you two caught up with each other...

 
At 22/2/06 8:21 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

Do whatever it takes to curl those toes :)

 
At 22/2/06 9:26 PM, Blogger d-town said...

What's your favorite story? Does it involve any of the following:

Tina Martin
Redbone Alley
Crab Claws
Scrub Skirts
Friends Having Sex in Old Lady's Backyards

I have to say that that story is a great one! Yippee!!!

 
At 23/2/06 11:18 AM, Blogger Erin said...

yay!!!

 
At 23/2/06 11:21 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

hooooooray!!!!!!


now stop posting and get back to KISSING HIM!!! FUN!!


XXOO

 
At 23/2/06 1:53 PM, Blogger carlotta said...

Taylor I was actually referring to the movie "The Greatest Story Ever Told". It's a movie about God and Jesus (take THAT Jesus!). But if you ask me to pick a favorite story of my own then it would have to involve you, a motel no longer standing, Backstreets and a bottle of shampoo. Well or the one with LBG, lots of alcohol and a bunny.

 
At 23/2/06 5:21 PM, Blogger Erin said...

oh I miss Backstreets!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home