Brand New Chimichanga

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Okay I know I said I'd be filling you in about the road trip to Arkansas, but I had kind of a weird Monday night and it's my blog, so I figure I can do whatever I damn well please.

My friend Abbey who has up until last Monday night had a standard gig at "the bar" every Monday. Two nights ago, he calls me and tells me that he won't be playing at "the bar" any more but now he's decided to play at the other bar. The bar the Young Republican works at part time. He started working there not too long ago because his very good friend is the Bartender and part owner.

So anyways, I went to the other bar Monday to support Abbey. The Young Republican is there as well as several other people I know. The Young Republican does his little wave thing when he sees me. After a bit the Bartender comes in. He walks by me and squeezes my shoulder and says hello. I smile back.

Later in the night I'm going back to my seat after a trip to the bathroom and the Bartender (who is not working) stops me as I pass by him sitting at the bar. He tells me I look very pretty and that he loves my fashion sense. (Okay I have to interject, when did straight men get so comfortable complimenting a woman's sense of fashion? Nice to hear but it's a little odd.) I thanked him, gave him a hug and told him it was nice to hear things like that once in a while. When I hugged him, he smelled me. Then he complimented my perfume and asked what I was wearing. Then he asked if I was leaving and I told him no. He asked if I were still drinking and I told I was about to finish with my beer but that I had planned to get another one. We parted ways and I went back to my table.

Previous to my interlude with the Bartender, I finally went up to the Young Republican and told him he was aloud to talk to me and not just wave at me from across the bar. This waving business is bullshit and I wanted him to know that I thought so. After I called him out he would stop by and chat or "accidentally" bump into me, or stick his tongue out at me (hello third grade called and apparently they're missing a student). But I prefer the childish, playful behavior to the "waving from across the bar" crap.

I get back to my table after chatting with the Bartender and not 2 minutes later a beer appears in from of me. In another 2 minutes the Bartender comes over with another beer. Turns out some creepy dude sitting behind us bought me the first one and obviously the second one was from the Bartender. After a bit the Bartender comes back over and sits down beside me. The Young Republican is already sitting on my other side. Okay kind of weird. The Young Republican eventually has to go back to working. The Bartender again leans over and smells me and asks if I can come over and spray some of my perfume on his pillow so he can have sweet dreams (okay men are so retarded).

When I get ready to leave the Bartender insists that I go to eat with them at The Waffle House. It's late and I really need to get home but after some pleading and an offer to buy my breakfast, I agree to go. Once we leave the other bar, he then insists that I ride with him. Um, okay? Abbey and his girlfriend are already there. Then another friend of the group shows up and finally the Young Republican. We laugh, we eat, we drink coffee. Finally everyone gets ready to leave and as we're walking out the Young Republican sees I'm riding with the Bartender and doesn't look too happy about it. In fact when I told him good night he just keep walking without saying a word to me.

When the Bartender dropped me off at my car, I went to slide out and he grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards him. My brain is slightly freaking out at this point because I'm afraid he's going to try and kiss me. Instead he pulls me to him and smells me AGAIN! Then he tells me he just needed a "hit" before he drove home. I get out and tell him that he can smell me anytime since he seems to enjoy it so. At this point he says, "In that case, get your ass back in the car." I just laughed and opened my door. Before I get into my car he asked me what I was doing Tuesday night and I told him I had no plans. He tells me he'd like to see me but he's working so I should come by the bar and he'll buy me a drink. Then we say our good-byes and I leave.

Okay first of all, it felt like the Young Republican was flirting with me a little. Then I kind of felt like the Bartender was flirting with me a little. Then when I was sitting between them there seemed to be a little rivalry brewing, or as J said they were having a pissing match. When we got ready to leave The Waffle House the Young Republican didn't seem happy that I was leaving with the Bartender. WTF? So is the Bartender seemingly interested because the Young Republican got there first and is the Young Republican, who sent me packing, pissed off because now someone else wants to play with me? And don't guys have some kind of code about not going after a girl their friend was, well in the Young Republican's case, making out with?

Oh and an update on the Bartender front. I decided against going out to see him last night. One because I'm not really sure what's going on there and most importantly because my ass was asleep on the couch last night. He'd kept me out until 4:30 Tuesday morning and I was tired. Might drop by to see him tonight though.

4 Comments:

At 15/3/06 4:36 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Is the bartender cute? then go for it.

 
At 15/3/06 4:51 PM, Blogger carlotta said...

He's not bad...

 
At 16/3/06 10:15 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said...

Sounds a little fishy to me (not to be a downer). Just be a little careful of their intentions. Hate to see you as a side bet between two jerks. You deserve high respect from a man.

 
At 17/3/06 5:25 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

hmmm... I'm with both erin AND jack. as much as you shouldn't have to put your life on hold because of one guy... perhaps you should drag things out a little with BT (BarTender) to see where his intentions really are, or IF they are anything other than a game with YR.

how exciting, though! I love beginnings!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home